These are actual testimonials from real clients. The signed originals are on file at my main office. Individual results may vary depending upon the facts and merits of each person's case.
1. Scott "The Shark" Hanthorn--Legal Beast-- this guy is a veritable "shark" in the courtroom. I was facing 10-30 years flat time with no parole or probation. I did not think I had a prayer, charged with a 2nd fourth offense DWI while still on parole for my 1st fourth offense. With the help of Scott Hanthorn I was able to plead guilty to a fourth offense with 5 years probation, house arrest, a fine, credit for time served (60 days). I went home! ~Chris C.
2. I was arrested for DWI after I drove through a roadblock and had to be boxed in and pulled over by three police cars. Scott got it reduced to reckless operation and also got me an article 894 ~Stanley L.
3. I was charged with a second offense DWI. They had me on video. Scott got it reduced to a reckless operation. Instead of a minimum sentence of 2 days in jail, 30 days of community service, all the classes, probation time and an interlock device put on my car, I just paid a traffic fine and walked away. Also, Scott saved my license. I had my license throughout the whole ordeal. I would recommend Scott to anyone. ~Sonny W.
4. I hired Scott Hanthorn after I rear-ended a car where a passenger was killed. I blew .219 on the breath machine. After the grand jury refused to indict on a vehicular homicide charge, I was charged with a 2nd offense DWI. I was so happy not to be charged with the homicide, I was ready to plead to a 2nd but Scott said let's wait to see if we could get it lower. I finally pled guilty to a 1st offense DWI. Thanks Scott! I highly recommend Scott as an attorney. ~Louis D.
5. I got in trouble with a DWI which would have jeopardized my business. I called a friend who was an assistant district attorney in another parish and he said if he was ever in trouble, he would call Scott Hanthorn. And so that is what I did. Not only did he save my driver's license but he also got me in the P.T.I. program. Since then, I have recommended several friends to him. I recommend him to anyone. ~Ricky F.
6. I was charged with a 2nd offense DWI. I had blown .160 on the machine. Scott saved my license at the revocation hearing and got my charge reduced to a first offense in the court. He saved me 4 days in jail and 26 days of community service. And he got it under article 894 so I could clear my civilian record later. He's #1 in my book. ~Thomas M.
7. Although I was only 20 years old, I was arrested for full adult DWI because I blew .184 on the machine. Scott got the blow reduced to under .15 to knock out the mandatory two days in jail required for blowing over .15. He then got the charge reduced to underage DWI, which meant no community service and a much smaller fine. He also got the other charges dismissed and got me an article 894 so I could clear my civilian record. He also kept my driver's license from being suspended by winning the administrative hearing. I recommend him!!! ~Troy K.
8. I was arrested for DWI after blowing.159 on the machine. Scott got the blow reduced to under .15 to avoid the mandatory 2 days in jail. He then got the judge to give me just a fine without any community service, any of the classes, no court costs, and no probation. He also got my other charges dropped and got it all for me under article 894 so I could clear my civilian driving record. He's great! I recommended him to friends already. ~Ralph L.
9. I was charged with a 3rd offense DWI. I had wrecked my truck and the state drew my blood. Scott got it reduced to a reckless operation. Instead of a possible 1-5 year jail sentence, I just paid a simple traffic ticket and it was all over. He is a very good lawyer. I would recommend him to anyone. ~Dianne M.
10. I was arrested for DWI. Scott got me off with only a $300 fine, 1 impact panel meeting and 12 AA meetings. Nothing else. He also got my other charges dismissed and got it all under article 894. I would recommend him to anyone else. ~Charles H.
11. I was arrested for DWI after I blew .124 on my breath test. Scott got me off with only total fines and costs of $700 - no probation, no classes, nothing but the fines. He also got my 3 other charges dismissed and got it all for me under article 894. I Ron would recommend Mr. Scott Hanthorn because of a very good job he did in defending me on my 3rd DWI offense. He was and is very good. ~Ron W.
12. I was arrested for DWI in New Orleans. I blew a .163 breath test and Mr. Hanthorn got it reduced so that I didn't have to do mandatory jail time. He also got me an article 894 so that I could get the DWI off of my civilian record. He also got three other driving offenses that I received with the DWI dropped. You can choose Scott Hanthorn with confidence that he'll get you the best deal possible. ~Timothy A.
13. I was arrested for DWI. They had me on video. We got ready for trial and on the day of trial, I found out it was dismissed. I recommend my lawyer 100% to anyone. ~Troy H.
14. I was arrested for DWI (should have been billed as a fourth offense). Scott got it reduced to a reckless operation and he was very knowledgeable about current laws and was there at the proper time for court appearances. I would not hesitate to engage him as my counsel should the need arise. ~Dennis B.
15. Spending a night in jail was an inhuman experience. Scott Hanthorn made me feel like a human again. I was arrested for DWI, reckless operation, hit & run and no registration after blowing .13 on the machine. Scott got me off with only a fine for the DWI--no probation, no community service, nothing else. He also got my other charges dismissed and got it all for me under article 894. ~Wally R.
16. Scott won my administrative hearing to save my license and got me pre-trial diversion (not a conviction) in the court. I recommend Scott Hanthorn because of his willingness to work late & around my schedule. ~Justin M.
17. I was arrested for a 2nd offense DWI. They had me on video. Scott got it reduced to a 1st offense with a pre-trial motion. I'm happy with the results and I definitely recommend him. ~Paullette B.
18. I was arrested for a 3rd offense DWI. They had me on video. Scott got it reduced to a 2nd offense. Instead of a possible 1--5 year sentence, I just pled guilty to a misdemeanor. Highly recommended. ~Dave B.
19. I hired Mr. Scott because he was recommended by my other attorney. I was charged with a 2nd offense DWI. They had me on video and I blew .170. Mr. Scott filed a pre-trial motion to reduce it to a 1st offense. Mr. Scott is a good man. If I ever need one again, it would be Mr. Scott Hanthorn. I would recommend Mr. Scott to anyone with a DWI. ~Chad L.
20. I was arrested for DWI. They had me on video. On the day of trial, it was reduced to a careless operation under article 894. My other charges were also dismissed. After being so upset about the whole ordeal, Scott eased my mind. ~Thomas C.
21. I hired Scott for my husband's DWI. He did a great job. The case was reduced to improper lane usage. I'd recommend him to anyone. I already recommended him to 5 of my friends. Scott is worth his weight in gold! ~Kim A.
22. I was driving an SUV and I rolled it. After the accident, I was charged with DWI with blood alcohol .16 and child endangerment. I faced 20 days mandatory minimum and loss of my license. Instead, Scott saved my license and I only received a DWI 1st offense with probation and a fine. I'm fully satisfied and would recommend his services to anyone. ~Troy B.
23. I was arrested for 2nd offense DWI. They had me on video. We hired an expert and got ready for trial. On the day of trial, it was reduced to a first offense, the other charges were dropped and I got it under article 894. I recommend Scott to anyone that has DWI charges. ~Jason B.
24. I was arrested for DWI when I was found asleep at a traffic signal. Scott saved my license and got it reduced to a reckless operation under article 894. Scott performed in a professional manner and I would highly recommend him to others. ~Joe S.
26. I was arrested for DWI, and later, for illegal discharge of a weapon. Scott got the DWI reduced to a reckless operation and got the other traffic charges and the illegal discharge dismissed, all under article 894. He also saved my license at the administrative hearing. After giving this man a call, I felt as if the sword of Damocles was removed from above my head. If you feel as if all is lost, Scott can help. Thanks for all your help. ~Damon A.
27. I was in court without a lawyer on a DWI case. Scott volunteered to help me. He had never seen me or my case before. He picked up the file, found a technicality, made a motion before the judge and got my case dismissed on the spot. I recommend Scott Hanthorn for anyone with a DWI case. Thank you Scott! ~Eddy G.
28. I was arrested for a 3rd offense DWI. Scott saved my license, kept me out out jail, and I am still able to provide for my family. It was dropped from a 3rd to a 1st offense and we got an 894. I highly recommend him to anyone with a DWI. ~Ronald B.
29. I was arrested for hit and run and DWI. Scott Hanthorn's office contacted me through mail within a few days after arrest. I immediately had a good feeling about Scott. After several continuances and motions filed, my case was completely thrown out of court. I would definitely recommend Scott to anyone in trouble for DWI. He really knows how to play the chess game we call court. ~William C.
© 2005-2013 Scott E. Hanthorn A Professional Law Corporation